|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off corrosive and toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, powder.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!|
|Inhalation||Dizziness. Nausea. Muscle twitching. Sweating. Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Laboured breathing. Convulsions. Cough. Blurred vision. Unconciousness.||Avoid inhalation of dust and mist. Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection if powder.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
Symbol: T, N; R: 21-25-50/53; S: (1/2)-36/37-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
Toxic if swallowed or in contact with skin
Harmful if inhaled
May cause an allergic skin reaction
Very toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS OR WHITE CRYSTALS WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 47.5-48°C
Density: 1.4 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: 0.0003 (very poor)
Vapour pressure at 25°C: negligible
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 4.3
Flash point: 100°C c.c.
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur along the food chain.|
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Phosalone (WHO Pesticide Residues Series 2) Phosalone (WHO Pesticide Residues Series 5) Phosalone (Pesticide residues in food: 1976 evaluations) Phosalone (Pesticide residues in food: 1993 evaluations Part II Toxicology) Phosalone (Pesticide residues in food: 1997 evaluations Part II Toxicological & Environmental) Phosalone (JMPR Evaluations 2001 Part II Toxicological)