|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking.||Use water spray, powder, foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Vapour/air mixtures are explosive.|
|EXPOSURE||See EFFECTS OF LONG-TERM OR REPEATED EXPOSURE.||AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Wear safety spectacles.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and vapours adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in covered containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Symbol: Xn, N; R: 22-40-51/53; S: (2)-36/37-61
UN Hazard Class: 9; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
Suspected of causing cancer
Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-90GM6-III.||Keep in a well-ventilated room. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
Physical State; Appearance
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body in hazardous amounts by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: -51 °C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.4
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.78 (very poor)
Vapour pressure: negligible
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 9.8
Flash point: 202°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 480°C
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 1.78
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
TCEP is an abbreviation which also refers to trichloroethanol-1-phosphate, commonly known as Triclofos, which is a different substance.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Tris(2-chloroethyl) Phosphate (IARC Summary & Evaluation, Volume 48, 1990) Tris(2-chloroethyl) Phosphate (IARC Summary & Evaluation, Volume 71, 1999)