|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, powder, alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS! STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Sweating. Nausea. Dizziness. Laboured breathing. Headache. Convulsions. Unconciousness. Symptoms may be delayed. See Notes.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! See Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Blurred vision.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal cramps. Diarrhoea. Vomiting. Weakness. Convulsions. See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 24-28-50/53; S: (1/2)-28-36/37-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: I
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT6-I.||Separated from food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Store in glass-lined or polyethylene-lined containers.|
Physical State; Appearance
ORANGE-TO-BROWN LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 0.07kPa: 167-170°C
Melting point: -19 - -23°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.36
Solubility in water: none
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: <0.001 (0.53mPa)
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.82
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
The symptoms of acute intoxication do not become manifest until 30 minutes to 6-12 hours.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
If the substance is formulated with solvent(s) also consult the card(s) (ICSC) of the solvent(s).
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Birlane, Dermaton, Sapecron, Steladone, Supona are trade names.
Card has been partly updated in April 2005.
See section Emergency Response.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Chlorfenvinphos (WHO Pesticide Residues Series 1) Chlorfenvinphos (Pesticide residues in food: 1984 evaluations) Chlorfenvinphos (Pesticide residues in food: 1994 evaluations Part II Toxicology)