TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||Use foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use ventilation (not if powder), local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||Redness. Pain.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. To remove substance use polyethylene glycol 300 or vegetable oil. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety goggles or face shield.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Vomiting. Burning sensation. Diarrhoea.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and particulates adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: Xn, N; R: 22-36/38-40-50/53; S: (2)-36/37-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
Causes skin irritation
Causes serious eye irritation
May cause respiratory irritation
Very toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from strong oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-YELLOW CRYSTALS WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 246°C
Melting point: 69°C
Density (at 25°C): 1.7 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/l at 20°C: 0.8 (very poor)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 76.5°C: 133
Flash point: 99°C c.c.
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.7
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Some technical products may contain highly toxic impurities including polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and furans.
Also consult ICSC 0588 2,3,4-trichlorophenol, ICSC 0589 2,3,5-trichlorophenol, ICSC 0590 2,3,6-trichlorophenol and ICSC 879 2,4,5-trichlorophenol.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations