TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Blisters. Skin burns.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower for at least 15 minutes. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Pain. Redness. Severe deep burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Metallic taste. Sore throat. Burning sensation. Nausea. Abdominal pain. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Consult an expert! Personal protection: complete protective clothing. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 28-34-48/24/25-62-68-50/53; S: (1/2)-26-36/37/39-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Fatal if swallowed or in contact with skin
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
May cause an allergic skin reaction
Suspected of causing genetic defects
Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
May cause damage to kidneys
Causes damage to the nervous system and the kidneys through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from food and feedstuffs, aluminium, copper, iron and zinc. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Well closed. Keep in the dark. Store only in original container.|
Physical State; Appearance
WHITE CRYSTALS OR POWDER.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 302°C
Melting point: 276°C
Density: 5.4 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/l at 20°C: 69 (moderate)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 0.1
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 0.1
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur along the food chain, for example in aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations