|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Finely dispersed particles form explosive mixtures in air.||Prevent deposition of dust. Closed system, dust explosion-proof electrical equipment and lighting.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Blue lips, fingernails and skin. Dizziness. Headache.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Nausea. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and particulates adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 26/27/28-33-50; S: (1/2)-28-36/37-45-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
May be harmful in contact with skin
Causes damage to blood
Causes damage to the blood through prolonged or repeated exposure
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from strong oxidants, strong bases, acids, chloroformates and food and feedstuffs. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-BROWN CRYSTALS WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 243°C
Melting point: 57°C
Density (at °C): 1.07 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 2.2 (moderate)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 2
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 4.3
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.00
Flash point: 122°C
Auto-ignition temperature: 515°C
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 0.95
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
See also ICSC 0970 o-Anisidine.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations