|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, powder, foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Abdominal pain. Diarrhoea. Headache. Sweating. Nausea. Shortness of breath. Vomiting. Weakness.||Use local exhaust.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! See Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear safety goggles or face shield.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Refer for medical attention . See Notes.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered sealable containers. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
Symbol: T, N; R: 61-21/22-50/53; S: 53-45-60-61; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT7-III.||Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS CRYSTALLINE POWDER.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 66-67°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.2
Solubility in water: none
Vapour pressure, Pa at 60°C: 0.013
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms.|
Binapacryl is the dimethyl acrylic ester of harmful Dinoseb.
It is metabolized to form Dinoseb.
Toxicity is attributed to Dinoseb.
Use all available methods for reducing body temperature.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Acricid, Ambox, Endosan, Morocide, Niagara 9044 are trade names.
Also consult ICSC 0149 (Dinoseb) and ICSC 0882 (Dinoseb acetate).
Card has been partly updated in October 2004.
See sections Occupational Exposure Limits, EU classification, Emergency Response.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Binapacryl (FAO/PL:1969/M/17/1) Binapacryl (WHO Pesticide Residues Series 4) Binapacryl (Pesticide residues in food: 1984 evaluations) Binapacryl (Pesticide residues in food: 1985 evaluations Part II Toxicology)