|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking.||Use water spray, powder, alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Above 35°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||Above 35°C use a closed system, ventilation and explosion-proof electrical equipment.||In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|Inhalation||Sore throat. Cough. Burning sensation. Shortness of breath. See Notes.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Blisters. See Notes.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Watering of the eyes. Pain. Burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Blue haze and halo.|
|Ingestion||Burning sensation in the throat and chest.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Remove all ignition sources. Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and vapours adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Ventilation. Collect leaking liquid in covered containers. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Subsidiary Risks: 3 and 8; UN Pack Group: I
Flammable liquid and vapour
Toxic if swallowed
Fatal in contact with skin
Fatal if inhaled vapour
Causes skin irritation
Causes serious eye damage
May cause respiratory irritation
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GTFC-I.||Store only if stabilized. Fireproof. Separated from strong oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Keep in the dark.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS LIQUID WITH PUNGENT ODOUR. TURNS DARK ON EXPOSURE TO LIGHT.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 120°C
Melting point: -45°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.1
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 10
Vapour pressure, kPa at 25°C: 1.5
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 3.2
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.03
Flash point: 35 °C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 610 °C
Explosive limits, vol% in air: 3.4-?
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 0.28
After contact with liquid blister formation may be delayed until several hours have passed.
Explosive limits are unknown in literature, although the substance is combustible and has a flash point < 55°C.
The occupational exposure limit value should not be exceeded during any part of the working exposure.
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
An added stabilizer or inhibitor can influence the toxicological properties of this substance, consult an expert.
Card has been partially updated in March 2009: see GHS classification.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations