|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible.||NO open flames.||Use water in large amounts, water spray.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Burning sensation behind the breastbone. Headache. Shortness of breath.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Pain. Skin burns.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Watering of the eyes. Redness. Pain. Severe burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Burns in mouth and throat. Nausea. Abdominal pain. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit and filter respirator for organic gases and vapours adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Ventilation. Remove all ignition sources. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T; R: 23/24/25-34-40-43; S: (1/2)-26-36/37/39-45-51; Note: B, D
UN Hazard Class: 8; UN Pack Group: III
Toxic if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
May cause cancer if inhaled
May cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause respiratory irritation
Harmful to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|NFPA Code: H3; F2; R0.||Cool. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Separated from acids, strong oxidants and food and feedstuffs. See Chemical Dangers. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS LIQUID WITH PUNGENT ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 98°C
Solubility in water: miscible
Relative density (water = 1): 0.8
Flash point: 83°C c.c.
Vapour pressure, kPa at 20°C: 0.2
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.00
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 1.03
|The substance is harmful to aquatic organisms.|
Immediate administration of an appropriate inhalation therapy by a doctor, or by an authorized person, should be considered.
EU SCOEL recommendation: 0.2 ppm (8h); 0.4 ppm STEL; Skin sensitation, 2008. (Genotoxic carcinogen for which a practical treshold is supported.)
Methanol, added as stabilizer or inhibitor to commercial formulations, can influence the physical and toxicological properties of this substance.
See ICSC 0057 Methanol.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations