TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, dry powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT! PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Further see Ingestion.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED!||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear safety goggles or face shield.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Headache. Dizziness.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.||
Symbol: T, N; R: 45-22-50/53; S: 53-45-60-61; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 9; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
Suspected of causing genetic defects
May cause cancer
May cause damage to blood
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|See Chemical Dangers. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS CRYSTALS OR LIGHT BROWN PELLETS.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of dust, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 110°C
Decomposes at 202°C
Flash point: 113°C c.c.
Density: 1.44 g/cm³
Solubility in water: none
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.94
Vapour pressure: negligible
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in aquatic organisms and plants. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment because it is persistent.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations