TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. See Ingestion.||Use closed system or breathing protection.||Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. See Ingestion.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety goggles, face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Nausea. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Headache. Weakness. Convulsions. Muscle pain. Paralysis. Delirium. Unconsciousness. See Notes.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance and complete protective clothing. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 28-38-48/25-51/53; S: (1/2)-13-36/37-45-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Fatal if swallowed
Toxic in contact with skin
Causes skin and eye irritation
Causes damage to organs
Causes damage to the nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store only in original container. Well closed. Separated from strong oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
WHITE OR COLOURLESS CRYSTALS.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 632°C
Density: 6.77 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 4.87 (moderate)
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
The symptoms of neurological disorders do not become manifest until after a few days.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See also ICSC 0077, 1221.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations