|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Flammable. Many reactions may cause fire or explosion. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking.||Use water spray, powder, alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Above 24°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||Above 24°C use a closed system, ventilation and explosion-proof electrical equipment.||In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water. Combat fire from a sheltered position.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Dizziness. Drowsiness. Headache. Nausea. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Weakness. Shortness of breath.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Dry skin. Redness.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: self-contained breathing apparatus. Remove all ignition sources. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Symbol: T; R: 45-10-20/22; S: 53-45; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 3; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
Harmful if inhaled vapour
Suspected of causing genetic defects
May cause cancer
Causes damage to liver
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-30GF1-III.
NFPA Code: H1; F3; R2.
|Fireproof. Separated from strong bases, strong acids, amines, powdered metals and food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS OILY LIQUID.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 120°C
Melting point: -91°C
Relative density (water = 1): 0.99
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: 1.7
Vapour pressure, kPa at 20°C: 1.7
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 3.1
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.04
Flash point: 24°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 428°C
Explosive limits, vol% in air: 2.6-11
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 0.93
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
NiPar S-20 and NiPar S-30 are trade names.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations 2-NITROPROPANE (JECFA Evaluation)