|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use powder, water spray, foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion if formulations contain flammable/explosive solvents.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||See Ingestion.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! See Ingestion.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention . See Notes.|
|Eyes||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Cough. Muscle twitching. Dizziness. Pupillary constriction. Muscle cramps. Excessive salivation. Laboured breathing. Nausea. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Unconsciousness.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention . See Notes.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 24/25-50/53; S: (1/2)-28-36/37-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Fatal if swallowed
Toxic in contact with skin
Causes damage to nervous system
Causes damage to the nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Separated from food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 93°C
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.09 (very poor)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 0.0023
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 7.2
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.00
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 1.73
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Aminocarb (Pesticide residues in food: 1978 evaluations) Aminocarb (Pesticide residues in food: 1979 evaluations)