|CAS #: 13071-79-9||S-[[(1,1-dimethylethyl) thio] methyl]O,O-diethyl phosphorodithioate
| UN #: 2783
| EINECS #: 235-963-8
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible.||NO open flames.||In case of fire in the surroundings: all extinguishing agents allowed.|
|AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN! STRICT HYGIENE! FIRST AID: USE PERSONAL PROTECTION. IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|SYMPTOMS||ACUTE HAZARDS||FIRST AID|
|Inhalation||See Ingestion.||Avoid inhalation of aerosol.||Fresh air, rest. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||EASILY ABSORBED! See Ingestion.||Protective clothing. Protective gloves.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Wear face shield.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Blurred vision. Headache. Dizziness. Muscle spasms. Weakness. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Abdominal pain.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer immediately for medical attention. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking liquid in covered containers. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERFatal if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled
May cause damage to the nervous system
May cause damage to nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Separated from food and feedstuffs and oxidizing materials. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|Occupational exposure limits|
|TLV: 0.01 mg/m3, ppm, as TWA; (skin); A4 (not classifiable as a human carcinogen); BEI issued|
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
|Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Terbufos (JMPR Evaluations 2003 Part II Toxicological) Terbufos (Pesticide residues in food: 1990 evaluations Toxicology)