TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE!|
|Inhalation||Cough. See Ingestion.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! See Ingestion.||Protective clothing. Protective gloves.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Wear safety goggles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Nausea. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Headache. Weakness. Convulsions. Muscle pain. Paralysis. Delirium. Unconsciousness. See Notes.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance and complete protective clothing. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 26/28-33-51/53; S: (1/2)-13-28-45-61; Note: A
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Fatal if swallowed or in contact with skin
Causes damage to organs
Causes damage to the nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store only in original container. Well closed. Separated from strong acids, strong oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS OR WHITE CRYSTALS.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by ingestion and through the skin.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 272°C
Boiling point: 333.6°C
Density: 7.1 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: 5.2 (moderate)
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
The symptoms of neurological disorders do not become manifest until after a few days.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See also ICSC 0077, 0336.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations