|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, alcohol-resistant foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Above 63°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||Above 63°C use a closed system and ventilation.|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Metallic taste. Laboured breathing. Nausea. Dizziness. Headache. Tremor. Weakness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness.||Protective gloves.||Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Confusion. Convulsions. See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Ventilation. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
Fatal if inhaled
Causes eye irritation
May cause damage to central nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure if if inhaled
May cause respiratory irritation
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61S2667 or TEC (R)-61GT1-III.||Separated from food and feedstuffs and strong oxidants. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-YELLOW LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 101.3kPa: 193°C
Melting point: -62.5°C
Relative density (water = 1): 0.86
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.06 (very poor)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 80
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 5.1
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.00
Flash point: 63 °C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 510°C
Explosive limits, vol% in air: 0.7-7.1
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 4.35
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
Card has been partially updated in January 2008: see GHS classification.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations