|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use closed system, ventilation or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Diarrhoea. Vomiting. Burning sensation in the throat and chest. Headache. Weakness. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Vacuum with specialist equipment (See Notes) or carefully sweep into containers. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 45-23/25-50/53; S: 53-45-60-61; Note: A, E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Toxic if swallowed
Causes eye irritation
May cause cancer
Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
Causes damage to the gastrointestinal tract if swallowed
Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure
May cause long lasting harmful effects to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from acids and food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-WHITE AMORPHOUS POWDER.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: No boiling point at normal pressure; decomposes on heating
Melting point: 1455°C
Density: 3.62 g/cm³
Solubility in water: very poor
|This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
NEVER use a domestic-type vacuum cleaner to vacuum the substance, only use specialist equipment.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations