|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use powder, alcohol-resistant foam, water spray, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Dizziness. Pupillary constriction. Muscle cramps. Excessive salivation. Sweating. Muscle twitching. Nausea.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention. Wear protective gloves when administering first aid. Put clothes in sealable container. See Notes.|
|Eyes||Redness. Blurred vision.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection if powder. Wear safety spectacles.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Nausea. Abdominal cramps. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Drowsiness. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 27/28-50/53; S: (1/2)-22-36/37-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: I
Fatal if swallowed
Fatal if inhaled
Fatal in contact with skin
Causes damage to nervous system
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT7.||Separated from strong oxidizers and food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
YELLOW CRYSTALLINE POWDER WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 0.667kPa: 215°C
Melting point: 36°C
Density: 1.3 g/cm³
Solubility in water: none
Vapour pressure, Pa at 25°C: <0.01
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 4.78
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in fish. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Isolate contaminated clothing by sealing in a bag or other container.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations